Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground Beef
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 6-ounce cans low-sodium vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- sliced fresh Mushrooms for garnish (optional)
- Cook Beef, Onion and garlic in 4-quart Dutch oven until meat is no longer pink. Stir to crumble meat; pour off fat.
- Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, Sugar, juice, vinegar, pepper sauce and salt (if desired) to Beef mixture.
- Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Mushrooms, green pepper and cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over hot rice. Garnish with additional Mushroom slices, if desired.