Beef and Rice Casserole from: Uncle Ben's Rice
Prep Time: 45 Meal Occasion: Side Dish, Main Dish, Lunch, Dinner Cuisine Type: American
- 1 cup UNCLE BEN'SR ORIGINAL CONVERTED (tm) Brand Rice
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 can chopped tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 bag frozen vegetable mix cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, season ground meat with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Brown ground meat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and sour cream to ground beef and cook until just heated through.
- Combine with cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until warmed through and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes Edit
Can use any kind of cheese you prefer. Recommended: Monterey jack, cheddar or mozzarella.