Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef and Rice Casserole from: Uncle Ben's Rice
Prep Time: 45 Meal Occasion: Side Dish, Main Dish, Lunch, Dinner Cuisine Type: American
- 1 cup UNCLE BEN'SR ORIGINAL CONVERTED (tm) Brand Rice
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 can chopped tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 bag frozen vegetable mix cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 oz. sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, season ground meat with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Brown ground meat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and sour cream to ground beef and cook until just heated through.
- Combine with cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until warmed through and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes Edit
Can use any kind of cheese you prefer. Recommended: Monterey jack, cheddar or mozzarella.