Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Roark Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1984.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- 10 medium garlic cloves
- 5 serrano peppers
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1¾ pound top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions cut into narrow wedges
- 3 bell peppers cut into narrow strips
- 12 flour tortillas steamed
- 2 limes wedged
- 1 pound pepper jack cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Reserve half the marinade and refrigerate.
- Spread remaining half of marinade on steak coating all sides.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator several hours.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over high heat then add onions and peppers and saute until tender.
- Mix reserved marinade into onion mixture and heat through.
- Slice steak across grain into narrow strips then toss with onion mixture in skillet.
- To assemble fajitas fill tortilla with beef onion combination then squirt with lime juice and top with cheese, sour cream and salsa.