Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed by Susan Godfrey <email@example.com>
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the pepper and onion, and cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up into small bits, and cook until it loses its redness.
- Stir in the corn and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with tomato slices, and sprinkle the crumbs over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the crumbs are brown.