Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed by Susan Godfrey <email@example.com>
- Serves 6
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 firm ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the pepper and onion, and cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up into small bits, and cook until it loses its redness.
- Stir in the corn and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with tomato slices, and sprinkle the crumbs over the top.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the crumbs are brown.