Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef and Broccoli Noodle Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour to marinate beef, 30 minutes to cook soup
- Serves: 4
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces lean beef, trimmed of excess fat
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3¾ cups low-sodium beef broth
- 5 baby corns, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only) or 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine garlic, green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Slice beef into thin strips then add to soy sauce mixture and stir until well-coated.
- Cover then marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Place beef broth in a large saucepan then bring to a boil.
- Add the beef with the marinade, the baby corns, leek, and broccoli.
- Cover then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and chili powder, cover and simmer for an additional 3 minutes then serve.
- Wrap beef in plastic wrap then place in a freezer for about ½ hour to partially freeze to make it easier to slice.