Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add asparagus; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and asparagus are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into ¾-inch crumbles.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add beef; toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Combine beef mixture with pasta and asparagus in large bowl; toss well.