- 2 lb Beef chuck cut into 1" cubes
- 14 c garlic
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar 4 sm Hot Red Chiles
- 1/4 ts cumin seeds
- 3/4 ts Tumeric
- 1 t Dry English mustard
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 ts - salt
- 1/4 ts ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 Cloves—whole
- 3 tb poppy seeds
- 1 sm Onion
- 1/2 c tomato paste
- Clarified butter
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Sugar
- Place the garlic and vinegar into a blender and mix to a smooth paste.
- Remove the tops and bottoms of the chiles and remove the seeds.
- Add the peppers to the blended paste.
- Put cumin seeds, tumeric, mustard, ginger, salt and Sugar into a small bowl and mix together.
- Pour this mixture into the blender. Remove the peel from the lemon, squeeze the juice, discard the pips and chop the inner pulp.
- Add the juice and the pulp to the blender, then blend thouroughly.
- Place the Beef into a bowl and pour the blended mixture over it. Stir in the poppy seeds and marinate for two hours. After meat is marinated, finely slice the Onion.
- Pour some clarified butter a skillet over med. heat, and add the onions. Cook until opaque.
- Add the bay leaves and cloves. With a slotted spoon, lift the meat from the marinade and add to the frying onions,increasing the heat so that the meat is sealed quickly.
- When the meat is sealed all over, add the marinade.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- After the meat has cooked for 1 hour, add the tomato paste, stirring it thoroughly into the meat mixture, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- When the meat is tender, serve at once - piping hot.
- This is very hot! Nice served with plain boiled or steamed long grain rice.
- For a nice cooling touch you might serve with a lime cordial.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.