Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: Approximately 10 cups stir fry (6 servings).
- 1 tbsp soybean oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1½ cups)
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into flowerettes (about 4 cups)
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen green soybeans
- 1¼ pound sirloin steak, fat trimmed, and cut into strips
- 1 tbs soybean oil
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 to 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp soybean oil
- 7 or 8 oz firm, water-packed tofu, drained, cut into chunks or strips
- Heat first tablespoon of soybean oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add red peppers strips and broccoli flowerettes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until crisp tender.
- Stir in green soybeans and cook one minute, or until green soybeans are no longer frozen.
- Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl and cover.
- Set aside.
- Heat second tablespoon of soybean oil in same skillet or wok.
- While oil is heating, make a paste of the ginger, cornstarch, soy sauce, water and one teaspoon soybean oil in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Add strips of beef sirloin to hot oil.
- Stir and cook until almost done.
- Add soy sauce paste mixture and stir well.
- Add vegetables back to wok or skillet and toss well.
- Add strips of tofu and toss lightly, until tofu is heated throughout.
- Serve over hot steamed rice or Asian noodles.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1⅔ cups serving:
- 336 calories | 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat) | 39 g protein (9 g soy protein) | 12 g carbohydrate | 255 mg sodium | 62 mg cholesterol | 7 g dietary fiber.