This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994. Also found among the collection of recipes from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 beef tenderloin fillets
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 20 green peppercorns
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook fillets about 6 minutes on each side then remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add wine, broth and peppercorns to skillet and reduce by half about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cream and mustard and reduce by half about 20minutes.
- Place fillet on plate and drizzle with sauce then top with additional peppercorns for garnish.