Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into thin, narrow strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 small bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth, divided
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups chopped onions, divided
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup sherry (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup diced pimentos
- Cook meat in shortening until brown in large skillet.
- Add bay leaves, garlic and 2 cups broth.
- Cover; simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add salt, pepper and 2 cups onions.
- Mix a little broth with the flour and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add rest of broth and wine.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; remove bay leaves.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Meanwhile, cook green pepper and remaining ½ cup onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in rice; season with additional salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Add pimentos; fluff lightly with a fork.
- Serve stroganoff over pimento rice.