Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Classic 18th century Russian entrée. Do not overcook the meat or it will toughen.
- 1¼ pounds skirt steak or beef tenderloin, cut into 2" x 1" strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup small white mushrooms
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth or 3 tablespoons demi-glace mixed with ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to warm setting.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard.
- Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2–3 minutes, until meat is heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.