Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 can (13¾ to 14½ ounces) single strength beef broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- ½ cup coarsely chopped vidalia or other sweet onion
- ½ cup prepared honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- parsley sprigs
- Trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring beef broth to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover pan and remove from heat.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef, ½ at a time, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry bell pepper and onion 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet; stir in barbecue sauce.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange beef mixture on couscous; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.