Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Tina at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 12 oz beef flank steak, partially frozen
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced, about 1¼ cups
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, about ¾ cup
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh gingerroot or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅛ tsp crushed hot red pepper
- 12 oz fresh Chinese pea pods or 2 pk (6 oz) frozen, thawed
- 1 large head escarole, about 1 lb, coarsely chopped, about 8 cups
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp [light brown sugar]], firmly packed
- Using a sharp knife, held almost parallel to cutting surface, cut partially frozen flank steak into very thin slices.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium high heat, heat oil; add beef; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until browned.
- Using slotted spoon,remove meat to plate; keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add red bell pepper, onion, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Cook about 4 minutes, stirring constantly until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add pea pods, escarole, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly until pea pods are heated through an escarole is wilted.
- Stir beef into vegetables.