In Romanian: Supa de carne de vaca
- 2 lbs /1 kg beef,
- 3 qts /3 l water,
- 2 carrots,
- 1 parsley root,
- 1 celery root,
- 1 green pepper,
- 1 onion and a few yellow peelings from the onion,
- 5 juniper berries (optional),
- 1 bay leaf (optional),
- noodles (or dumplings, rice)
- Set to boil the Beef with the cold water. Let the pot uncovered until the liquid starts foaming. Remove this foam periodically with the slotted spoon until foaming stops.
- Add the vegetables, juniper berries, bay leaf and a little salt. Cover the pot almost but not completely and let boil, at low temperature, for 3 hours.
- When it is ready, strain into another pot. The soup has to boil slowly to be really tasty. Serve with the desired accompaniment (noodles, dumplings, rice, etc.)