This recipe for Tasty Taiwan-ease beef salad serves / makes 4
- 1¼ pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 cups mixed lettuce greens, such as romaine, radicchio, endive
- 1½ cup packaged shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup prepared Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; whisk until blended trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips.
- In medium bowl, combine beef and.
- Tablespoons dressing mixture; toss to coat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large bowl, combine mixed greens, carrots and peanuts; toss.
- Arrange on platter.
- In wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons dressing mixture over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef, ½ at a time, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Arrange beef on salad; drizzle remaining dressing mixture over salad.