Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A very popular cuisine in Indonesia which is also known locally as Rendang Daging.
- 1 kg beef, fat and sinew removed
- 1.5 liters coconut milk
- 1 turmeric leaf, torn and knotted
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bruised (white part only)
- 1 – 2 pieces asam gelugur
- 10 red chilies, sliced finely
Spices (ground) Edit
- 3 tablespoons galangal, chopped
- ½ tablespoon turmeric, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 200 g red chilies
- 4 shallots
- salt to taste
- Cut the beef into bite-size of 3 cm cubes.
- Remove any fats and sinew from the meat.
- Use a pot to simmer the coconut milk with turmeric leaf, lemon grass, asam gelugur, kaffir lime leaves, sliced chilies and ground spices until the milk thickens and becomes oily.
- Reduce the heat and add the beef.
- Cook until the meat is tender and the spiced becomes dry and turn brown.
- Stir occasionally.
- You can also cook the beef rendang with 300 grams small potatoes.
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Add to the gravy together with beef.
- Rendang can also be combined with 150 grams dried red peanuts (kacang jogo) which have been soaked for half an hour.
- Add together with beef.