Makes 6 servings
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless lean Beef round Steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup sliced pimentos
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Blend flour, chili powder, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour; brown in oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add Onion and saute lightly.
- Stir in pimientos and broth.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Top each serving with a mound of fluffy rice.