Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use leftover beef and serve with thick slices of fresh tomato and Bermuda onion.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed by Susan Godfrey <email@example.com>
- Serves 4
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb cooked beef, in bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups gravy, leftover or improvised
- 4 carrots, cooked and sliced
- 3 potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 recipe basic pastry for 9-inch shell
- Fry the bacon until soft but cooked and drain on paper towels; discard all but 3 tbsp of the bacon fat in the skillet, add the onion, and cook until soft.
- Add the beef, gravy, carrots, potatoes, and cinnamon, stirring constantly until bubbling.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put beef mixture into a deep pie dish or shallow casserole.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pastry and place on top; crimp the edges and cut a small vent on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until bubbling and top is golden.