Serve with Chilean Pebre.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 16 x 1-inch thick filet steak
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 tbsp shopped fresh mint
- 8 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp Asian hot sauce
- 2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place steaks in a baking dish or sealable plastic bag.
- Combine coriander, basil, mint, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce, orange juice and 2 tablespoons oil, reserving remaining oil.
- Pour over steaks.
- Marinate 1 hour on the counter or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Drain marinade and pat steaks dry.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet over high heat, add remaining oil and fry steak about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until medium rare.
- Place steaks on a carving board and slice into ½-inch slices.
- Make a mound of plantain fried rice and place beef slices around it.