Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 (0.8 lbs) boneless ribeye steaks
- 3½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ cup light miso
- ⅓ cup sake or other dry white wine
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cooking oil
- Freeze steaks for 45 minutes or so until they are firm and partially frozen, then remove excess fat and slice very thin; place in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over high heat, swirling pan, being careful not to burn; remove from heat and cool.
- Place sesame seeds in a mortar and grind finely (but do not grind into a paste) or you may use a small coffee grinder set on pulse.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl and mix with miso, soy sauce, sugar, and sake (it should have the consistency of runny peanut butter).
- Add mixture to meat and work through as a marinade.
- Allow meat to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on high and add a little oil, and cook beef without crowding (you may want to cook half at a time).
- Cook beef about 3–5 minutes or until done to your liking or you may place meat in broiler or grill and cook several minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice if you wish, and a stir-fried vegetable cooked with ginger and a little soy goes nicely as well.