Also known locally as Kalio Hati in Indonesia. Instead of using beef, it can also be substituted with chicken.
- 500 cc coconut milk
- 1 turmeric leaf, torn and knotted
- 1 stalk lemon grass, bruised (white part only)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 – 2 pieces asam gelugur
- 500 g beef liver, cut into 3 cm cubes
Spice (ground) Edit
- 150 g red chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped galangal
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1½ teaspoons chopped turmeric
- 8 shallots
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, roasted
- salt to taste
- Use a small pot to boil the coconut milk with the ground spice and other ingredients except the liver.
- Cook until the gravy has thickened.
- Add the liver and simmer over low heat until the gravy is thick and oily.
- Remove the leaves before serving it hot with white rice.