Moroccan Beef keftas are traditional Moroccan fare. They are deliciously spicy and are best served with salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Beef
- 1/2 cup grated Onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix the Beef, Onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, mint, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and Cayenne in a large bowl, making sure the mixture is even.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit for one hour whilst soaking 12 wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the grill so it is hot when needed.
- Shape about a 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into 2 sausages and put onto a soaked wooden skewer. Dampen your hands first so the meat does not stick to them. Do this until the mixture is used up.
- Grill them on one side until golden brown and turn over. Leave them for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately whilst piping hot.
Recipe serves 6.