Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 pounds lean Beef, cut into 1 /2-inch cubes
- Crushed hot red pepper (optional) or Kyinkyinga powder*
- 4 slices liver, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger or freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground roasted peanuts (optional)
- Dash of tenderizer (optional)
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/3 cup margarine or melted fat
- Dash of Ac'cent (optional)
With Beef and liver in separate bowls, season Beef with lemon juice, onions, tenderizer, garlic, Ac'cent, and crushed pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes. (Better flavor is obtained when meat is seasoned overnight.) Season liver with ginger and a little salt. Alternate cubes of Beef and liver on long skewers, dust with crushed peanuts, and sprinkle with paprika. Arrange skewers of meat on a rack, with a tray underneath, spray with drops of melted margarine, and broil slowly about 6 inches away from direct heat until meat is cooked and lightly browned. Turn when necessary.
Serve hot. Serves 4 to 6 Cooking time: 1 l/2 hour