Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Locally this cuisine is known as Gecok.
- 500 g beef innards ((skirt steak, heart, spleen, sweetbreads, liver, gullet or throat)
- 125 g shredded coconut, roasted and pounded finely
- 75 g sesame seeds, roasted and pounded finely
- 750 cc coconut milk
- 6 carambolas, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 candlenuts, roasted and ground
- 6 shallots, sliced finely
- 2 cm galangal, bruised
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 3 lime juice
- Wash the beef innards thoroughly and cut before boiling it with pounded roasted coconut, pounded sesame seeds, coconut milk, pepper, salt, sliced carambola, candlenuts, galangal and sliced shallots.
- Cook until the innards are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the lime juice and garnish with a sprinkle of finely sliced kaffir lime leaves and fried shallots for a great meal.