Locally this cuisine is known as Gecok.
- 500 g beef innards ((skirt steak, heart, spleen, sweetbreads, liver, gullet or throat)
- 125 g shredded coconut, roasted and pounded finely
- 75 g sesame seeds, roasted and pounded finely
- 750 cc coconut milk
- 6 carambolas, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 candlenuts, roasted and ground
- 6 shallots, sliced finely
- 2 cm galangal, bruised
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 3 lime juice
- Wash the beef innards thoroughly and cut before boiling it with pounded roasted coconut, pounded sesame seeds, coconut milk, pepper, salt, sliced carambola, candlenuts, galangal and sliced shallots.
- Cook until the innards are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add in the lime juice and garnish with a sprinkle of finely sliced kaffir lime leaves and fried shallots for a great meal.