Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Ghiveci din carne de vaca
- 1¾ lb / 750 g fatty beef
- 3 tablespoons lard
- 1 parsnip
- 1 carrot
- 2 peppers
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- a handful of okra
- a handful of green beans
- a handful of wax beans
- a handful of string beans
- ½ lb / 250 g peas
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 big onions
- 3 potatoes
- 1 small celery root
- 5 – 6 big tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- minced parsley and dill
- Cut the meat into bite sizes and fry in lard until they start to brown.
- Add salt and tepid water to cover.
- Let boil on slow heat, covered, an hour to an hour and a half.
- During this time, prepare the vegetables.
- Clean, wash and cut in bite sizes.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the meat, add the sliced, peeled and seeded tomatoes, the parsley and dill and salt.
- Let boil on top of the range for a few minutes, then place in the oven.
- Shake the pot from time to time so that they do not stick.
- Bake until the liquid evaporates.