Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For the dough:
For the filling:
- 450g/1 lb Minced Beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, (sweet pepper), chopped
- 50g/2oz raisins, pre-soaked in warm water
- 2 tbsp chopped green olives
- 1 tbsp tomato Paste
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- Beaten egg, to glaze
- 1 teasp Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teasp fresh thyme Leaves
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles a coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the water a little at a time and mix with a knife until the pastry begins to bind together. Using your hands, form the pastry into a ball then cover with clingfilm and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the Beef and lightly brown on all sides.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, mix well and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside until you are ready to assemble the empanadas.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm/1/8th inch thickness then cut into 8 circles using a plate or small saucepan lid.
- Divide the filling between the pastry circles then brush the edges of the pastry with a little water, fold over to create semi circles and press the edges firmly together with a fork making sure they are well sealed.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg and bake for 20–30 minutes until golden brown.