Makes 2 servings.
- 8 ounces Beef round Steak, thinly sliced or 2 Beef cubed steaks, about 4 ounces each
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine (optional)
- 3/4 cup beef broth*
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced Mushrooms**
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- Tenderize Steak or pound with meat mallet or edge of saucer until thin. Cut into thin strips about 2-inches long.
- Coat with flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 8-inch skillet. Add meat and brown on all sides over high heat.
- Reduce heat, add Onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in wine, broth and Mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over beds of fluffy rice.