Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Pierce potatoes in several places.
- Microwave on high 11 to 13 minutes or until tender, rearranging once.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into ¾-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings; stir in chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add beans and 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until heated through.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in potatoes; fluff potatoes with fork.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with green onions and ½ cup cheese.