Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds lean Beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons bottled browning sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 14-1/2- to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 Beef bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 8 small white onions
- 8 young carrots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Rice Verte
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, cooked in beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper
- Beef Burgundy Stew
- Place meat in bowl. Sprinkle with bottled browning sauce and toss lightly until evenly coated.
- Brown in oil.
- Add tomatoes, wine, bouillon cube, salt, basil, garlic salt, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add onions and carrots.
- Cover and cook 45 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Blend cornstarch and water. Stir into stew mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve over Rice Verte.
- Rice Verte