Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings.
- 3½ pounds thin cut beef brisket
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and honey
- ½ tsp each ground cloves, cinnamon and ginger
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 cup each prunes and apricots
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Season brisket with ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add brisket, brown 5 minutes on each side.
- Add onions to pan drippings, saute 5 minutes or until golden.
- Mix broth, vinegar, honey, spices and remaining salt in a bowl.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Put meat on onions, add broth mixture and cover tightly.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Put potatoes and fruit around beef.
- Cover tightly, bake 1 hour or until beef and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board.
- Remove potatoes and fruit with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
- Cut meat in thin slices across the grain.
- Skim fat off pan juices, spoon juices over beef, potatoes and fruit.