Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ lb lean pork ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb cured bacon
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb beef short ribs, cut between bones
- 3 sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1½-inch lengths
- 2 spicy dried pork sausage links, cut into 1½-inch lengths
- 3 quarts water
- 6 carrots, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 1½ lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 large boiling potato, peeled and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 (15-oz) cans white hominy, rinsed
- 2 (16- to 19-oz) cans white beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Stir together meats and water in a 12-quart heavy pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 3½ hours.
- Add vegetables and paprika, then simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add hominy, beans, salt, and pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
Pork Videos Edit