Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 Servings.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 x 15-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 x 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- tortilla chips
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add beef and sauté until brown, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, oregano, and sugar; stir 30 seconds.
- Add beans, corn, and tomato sauce.
- Cover; simmer until beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Line 8 serving bowls with tortilla chips.
- Spoon beef mixture over chips.
- Top with cheese and sour cream.