Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2½ cups milk
- 7 egg yolks, beaten
- Heat coconut milk, sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together cornstarch and milk in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in egg yolks, then whisk into coconut milk mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking constantly, until custard thickens and loses its raw cornstarch taste, about 20 minutes.
- Be careful not to boil custard.
- Rinse a 1½-quart baking dish with water, then pour hot custard into wet dish.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Run custard under broiler until browned on top.
- Cover custard with plastic wrap, then chill before serving.