Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 servings
- 1 cotechino (a thick Sausage made from Pork meat and rind and fat Bacon) weighing about 500 g [1 lb]
- 200 g [7 oz] beans already soaked
- 20 g [3/4 oz] butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Onion
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash the cotechino, prick the skin with a fork and put it to cook for 3 hours over a low heat in a pan filled with cold, unsalted water.
- After it has been cooking for 1 hour, put the beans in abundant water in a separate pan and set to cook for 3 hours.
- One hour before they are ready, gently fry the sliced Onion in oil and butter, and after about 4 minutes, when it is lightly browned, add it to the beans, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Take the cotechino out of the cooking Liquor, which should then be degreased and added to the beans, a little at a time as needed, without stirring it in.
- When the beans are cooked, add the cotechino, skinned and cut into slices, and leave for 5 minutes to absorb the flavour, then serve.