This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 ounces all-beef wieners
- 64 ounces vegetarian beans
- ¼ cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 scallions, including part of the green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⅓ cups yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Brown wieners in skillet then cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix beans, catsup, mustard, sugar, molasses and pepper sauce in rectangular baking dish
- Stir in wieners.
- Meanwhile sauté green onion in oil until soft, then set aside.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Stir in green onion with oil.
- Mix eggs and milk in small bowl.
- Stir into flour mixture until smooth
- Spoon over casserole
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let cool 15 minutes before serving.