Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 12 cups boiling water
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, dry
- 1 cup dry navy beans
- ⅛ cups diced green bell pepper
- 3½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup salted, peanuts
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed basil leaves
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- Melt margarine in large stock pot.
- Add carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water, black-eyed peas, navy beans, green pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper (add more water, if necessary, to cover).
- Cook, covered, until ingredients are tender, 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Add peanuts, onion powder, basil, and coriander during last 10 – 15 minutes of cooking.
- Taste to correct seasonings.
- Soup should be thick.