Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cornmeal biscuit topping Edit
- In 4-quart Dutch oven or flameproof casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tofu dogs, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, while you prepare topping.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make well in dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk all at once.
- Stir just until mixture is blended and dough pulls together.
- Let dough sit 2 minutes.
- Dust dough with flour and transfer to floured work surface.
- Knead 4 or 5 times, then pat into circle as large as the top of Dutch oven.
- Using sharp knife, cut dough into 2-inch squares.
- Place dough squares over hot beans.
- Bake until topping is lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.