- Soak a cup and a half of beans overnight.
- What ever kind of beans they sell at the market that day will do.
- Boil the living daylights out of them until they are easily mashable.
- Mash half of the beans to smithereens.
- In a deep pot pour in a gin bottle full of oil (half cup) or about a cup if you want it really Liberian.
- If you want it more American, only put in enough to sauté one onion.
- Brown the onions and dump in a container of tomato paste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, one teaspoon of red peppers, and a couple chicken bouillon cubes.
- Pour in the mashed and unmashed beans into the pot and bury it all in water -- about a cup or two.
- Then boil it all away.
- When the soup is thick, it's done.