Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
About bean flour Edit
Bean flour is a new product being promoted by the Ontario coloured bean growers of Ontario. If not available to you, try white bean purée. Less fat is required with bean flour than whole wheat flour for pastry.
Bean flours Edit
- Black Bean Flour: Gluten free used for bean dips, fillings in Mexican dishes and other foods.
- White Bean Flour: A variety of flour most often used in gluten free baking in combinations with other beans. This flour is an excellent mild flour to use with breads, cookies, muffins and other baked goods
- Fava Bean Flour: Made from ground Fava beans, this light colored flour is often used in combination with Garbanzo flour in gluten free baking.
- Garbanzo Bean Flour: A variety of flour that is most often used in East Indian and Gluten-free cooking. Garbanzo beans, also known as chickpeas, are processed into a flour that is very similar to millet providing a rich sweet flavor to baked foods. This flour may be listed as besan flour.
- Garfava flour: This flour is a blend of chickpea flour and fava bean flour and can be used like chick-pea flour.