Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Heat ⅛ to ¼-inch oil over medium high heat.
- Fry tortillas 30 seconds on each side to light golden, 1 tortilla at a time.
- Drain tortillas on brown paper sack.
- Season with a little coarse salt while hot.
- Heat beans in microwave or small pan over moderate heat.
- Spread hot beans on tortillas and top with a handful of shredded smoked cheddar or jack cheese.
- Top cheese with shredded lettuce, diced tomato bits, and chopped onion.
- Garnish tostadas with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve.