Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spread can be served on Melba toast topped with extra chopped cilantro or as a dip with your choice of crackers or vegetable sticks.
- Bean and Potato Spread from the Pubic Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium sized Russet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 x 8-ounce can, mixed beans, or kidney beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, plain, low fat yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Extra chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Boil potatoes in water, drain, then mash with a potato masher or fork in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the beans, garlic, lime juice and cilantro then mix well.
- Place mixture in a food processor and process for at least 30 seconds or to desired consistency.
- Place mixture back into bowl, add yogurt, salt and pepper and mix well.