Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a crock-pot combine beans, water, tomatoes, corn, carrot, onion, undrained chile peppers, bouillon, chili powder and garlic then cover and cook on low 10 hours.
- For dumplings in a small bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine egg white, milk, and oil then add to flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork just until combined.
- Turn crock-pot to high and drop the dumpling mixture from a rounded teaspoon to make about 8 dumplings on the soup.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.