Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a great soup, but it requires overnight prep for the beans. It's well worth the effort in the long run and will leave your stomach and taste buds feeling satisfied.
- 1 lb cranberry beans
- 1 smoked ox tongue or goose breast
- 1 onion chopped
- 2½ lbs beef bones
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- pinch of tarragon
- Soak beans (pinto, red or speckled) overnight.
- Make stock with bones.
- Cook beans in stock.
- When beans are half cooked add smoked meat.
- Meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in lard and add to soup.
- When beans are done make roux with flour and lard.
- Add tarragon salt and pepper to roux and add to soup to thicken.
- Bring to boil and serve with csipetke.