Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish can be vegetarian. Simply leave out the bacon.
- 250 g white beans
- 1 green paprika
- 1 big tomato, grated
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- 300 g bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- salt and dried mint for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Boil the beans in water (just covering them) for 5 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and drain.
- Cover with fresh cold water up to ⅔ of the 'garne' .
- Cook until beans get softer.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- ↑ 'Garne' is a typical Bulgarian cooking pot made of clay.