- 1 cup small white beans
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin sesame or olive oil
- 2 cups Eggplant, cut into small dice
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 12 oz. couscous
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate vinegar (see recipe)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh coriander
- salt to taste
2. Place sesame oil in large skillet or wok and heat until it begins to smoke. Stir-fry Eggplant for about 5 minutes, or until tender, then add sesame seeds. Continue to stir-fry until sesame seeds begin to turn color, then add garlic. Stir and continue cooking for 1 minute, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. To cook couscous, bring 21/2 cups water to boil in large saucepan. Add couscous and let mixture come to a full boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue cooking for 1 minute or until all liquid absorbed. Stir with fork to fluff, then pour into serving bowl.
4. To make vinaigrette: Whisk together oil and vinegar and pour over hot couscous. Stir well, then add beans and Eggplant. Add pomegranate arils and chopped fresh coriander, adjust seasonings and serve.