- 6 x 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans (canned ok) and/or black beans (soaked and cooked or canned, drained, and rinsed)
- 1 cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 – 2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 – 3 tomatoes, finely diced
- diced onion (optional)
- sour cream or vegan sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- Wrap tortillas in foil and keep warm in 400 °F oven while you prepare other ingredients.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a plate.
- Add a bit of water to beans and heat on the stove, stirring occasionally.
- If allowing everyone to make their own burritos, place each ingredient in its own bowl with a spoon and set on the table along with the plate of tortillas.
- To make the burrito, spread beans down the center of a tortilla and, sprinkle with cheese and vegetables.
- Roll up and eat.