Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is based on Georgian (as in post-Soviet) cuisine, but it’s my own recipe, which means that it’s very flexible with ingredients and quantities. It goes great with grilled vegetables, especially eggplant. Garnish with a few pomegranate seeds. I’ve also used it as a base sauce for frying up chicken and serving with saffron rice.
- ½ pound walnuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (or to taste)
- ½ of a medium yellow onion
- virgin olive oil
- warm water (not boiling)
- ground coriander
- saffron and fresh parsley to taste
- In a CuisinArt or using a hand blender (or mortar and pestle if you want the workout) combine walnuts, garlic, yellow onion, olive oil, and water.
- Add salt, pepper, coriander, saffron, and parsley to taste.
- Grind it up until the consistency is sauce-like and the taste is delicious.