Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced lamb
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) frozen peas
- 400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 450 ml (16 fl oz) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Fry the onions in a large frying pan on high heat for 3–4 minutes until the onions are slightly browned.
- Add meat, turmeric, salt, garam masala and fry until meat is cooked, then add tomato puree and chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan, add boiling water and peas, then cover pan and boil for 15 minutes.
- To thicken and add to the flavour, using a wooden spoon, squash a few peas to the side of the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.