Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Byrd Estate in Cedar Hill, Texas in 1993.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large bay leaves
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup light honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Scald milk and cream in saucepan with the bay leaves.
- When the mixture has cooled about 10 minutes remove bay leaves and slowly whisk in egg yolks honey and salt.
- Stir in rum.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour custard into 6 lightly buttered custard cups then place in shall pan of very hot water and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove dishes from hot water and cool to room temperature.
- Chill custard 3 to 4 hours or overnight.