This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 9 inch cheesecake crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix cream cheese with a mixer for at least 2 minutes until softened.
- Add sugar then mix for one more minute.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add lemon zest and juice then mix one more minute.
- Pour mix into the crust and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack then cover and chill for 8 hours.